On Monday, April 23rd, Covenant Christian will celebrate El Día del Idioma Español!
El Día del Idioma Español (The Day of the Spanish Language) is a day observed throughout the Spanish speaking world celebrating the richness and vitality of the Spanish language, the second most-spoken language in the world.
To share in the richness of Spanish-speaking culture, all students are invited to:
- Prepare and bring a dish from a Spanish speaking country to share with their class during lunch. If your family has cultural ties to a Spanish speaking country, please make and bring one of your favorite family recipes. Students can share about their dish as they enjoy it with their class.
- If you have special clothing that reflects the cultural dress of a Spanish speaking country, you may come out of uniform in that clothing on Monday, April 23.
- If you have a souvenir from a Spanish speaking country, plan to show it.
- If you are interested in a specific Latin American country, bring information.
- If your family heritage represents a Spanish speaking country, please print a copy of the flag of that country and drop it off to Mrs. Fay by Thursday, April 19. We would like to create a collage of the Spanish speaking countries that are represented within our school for Spanish Language Day.
Ms. Maribell will be teaching us a salsa and flaminco dance as a school and during gym classes. Both English and Spanish classes will be reading books by Spanish-language authors and reading fables and legends from Spanish-speaking countries. Everyone will be celebrating Spanish Language Day. Thank you for your participation and for helping make this a great day!